Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 7

"Delicious" inappropriately named should be more like "frustrating". Spent many frustrating hours trying to drop delicious code into the html page of my blog before a colleague told me to "add an element".
It is a great idea though being able to access your bookmarks from anywhere. Although I find personally that I have book marks I need at work and bookmarks I need at home and there is no overlap. Once again a communal blog site could make use of this feature to keep staff up-to-date.
Technorati searching ok thanks to help provided from previous bloggers. The nswpln2008 search found about half a dozen blogs and some were very sophisticated blogs from Learning 2.0. This exercise highlighted the need for proper tagging and I guess that is what makes some of these tools easy too use in that they allow a large number of tags as opposed to limited subject headings from library catalogues. One blog was picked in Technorati possibly because it had "nswpln2008" in the tags.
It is always handy to know about these services if needed by a client.

No comments: