Wednesday, December 3, 2008

week 4

Week 4 done. I now have gmail, yahoo, bloglines, blogger accounts with nothing really connected, although have added feed to my blog.
I subscribed to a few library suggested feeds from bloglines site but too american for me. Haven't the time at the moment to search for more local content but have added BBC News.
I have read that the links for feeds are far more stable than just linking to a web page for updates. I think that a communal blog in a library with feeds of professional interest would benefit any work place.
As I am doing this at home I was wondering about the download usage in the work place and does it lead to slower networks? Roll out the cable!
All in all it is good to know about these tools if only to be able to discuss them with library users.

No comments: