Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 10 Mashups

This tool was great,it was easy to use. I made a basic Mashup of photos from my own computer. There are a lot more sophisticated ways to use it and some far more creative things to do. Apart from making publicity material for a library not sure about further uses but I think there would be many and only limited by imagination.
Since working with some of these tools I have been forced into actually looking at "code" that is used web for making pages. For this particular exercise the way I added my mashup included a direct link back to my flickr site as well as a link back to my photos. As I didn't want links that could identify me I was forced to go in and edit html script. This probably doesn't sound like a big deal but in my time in libraries I have stayed away from writing/publishing on the web. It is great that so many of these new communication tools are, compared to past years, based on my two favourite principles of WYSIWYG and KISS.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Very canny, I haven't tried editing script in a mashup yet.

Mylee (PLS)